Happy half-term to all my colleagues, near and far. Or if you’re back at work this week, I’ll try not to taunt you too much. But I’m off; reading lots of books, taking time over breakfast, playing with kids and kittens… oh, and blogging. About work.
There’s something wrong with this picture.
Anyway. I’ve been playing around with this idea for a bit and decided there’s no good reason to wait. As of now, my recent CPD record is available to anyone who cares, via GoogleDocs. I will see about adding in previous CPD, including big courses and stuff, but the whole point of this approach is to make it quick and easy to add reflection to a continuing portfolio. I can’t see any disadvantage with making it public, and several advantages:
- if you want to see what’s caught my attention and interest, professionally, you can
- my contemporary notes are also accessible, where I’ve put in the links
- if anyone wants to headhunt me, they can see what I’ve been up to and I don’t have to update a pretty CV
- when I get around to putting in my CSciTeach application, I can email the URL instead of filling in a form. #kidding #maybe
A couple of health warnings:
- the primary purpose of the record is for my own reference; I make no guarantee about spelling, readability etc.
- most original rows get added via GoogleForm on my phone, so it will obviously change as I regularly go back, add links or further reflection
- if I specify any individuals or classes, then the names will already have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent
- anything I don’t want to fit into a GoogleForm will be blogged, as ever
I’d welcome readers’ thoughts about this; am I breaking new ground or opening myself up to a world of trouble?
PS – an NQT/PGCE/GTP version of this form and spreadsheet will be appearing in the next day or so. Right now I have dinner to cook, kittens to play with and presents to wrap. I must NOT get these instructions mixed up…